Finnish courts -
District courts -
Charges collected by the District Courts
After the consideration of the matter, the District Court collects a charge from the petitioner in a petitionary matter and the plaintiff in a civil matter; the amount of the charge varies depending on the nature of the matter and the court time its consideration has required.
Criminal case and an appeal under the Enforcement Act 80 euros
No charge is collected in criminal cases that are prosecuted by the public prosecutor.
Civil case and land court case, whose hearing is concluded
* in written preparation 80 euros
* in oral preparation 113 euros
* in a main hearing with a single judge 147 euros
* in a main hearing with the full court 182 euros
* by a default judgment, the particulars of which have been entered directly in the data system 60 euros.
* normally 80 euros
* if the matter becomes disputed and is transferred to a hearing, charges as in a civil case
However, in the petitionary matters referred to below the charges are:
a) 80 euros
b) if the matter transferred to a hearing, charges as in a civil case
c) continued hearing after the reconsideration period 45 euros
Mediation in civil disputes
a) if not started 49 euros
b) if started 113 euros
c) no charge is collected, if mediation is requested in a pending trial matter, in which a trial charge, based on the stage where the final decision is made, of 113 euros at the minimum will be collected at the end of the mediation; the charge for a matter resulting in a confirmed conciliation agreement is always 113 euros, regardless of the stage where the final decision is made.
Bankruptcy, corporate restructuring and merger
The following petitionary matters are handled free of charge:
1) a matter according to the Act on the enforcement of a decision on child custody and right of access
2) a matter according to the Coercive Measures Act
3) a matter handled by the initiative of a court or the notification of another authority
Updated on 22 April 2013