The Legal Register Centre is an agency in the administrative sector of the Ministry of Justice whose function is:
1) to act as the controller for information systems and registers in the administration sector of the Ministry of Justice as well as to convey information reported by authorities in the administration sector to other authorities;
2) to be responsible for enforcement tasks relating to fines, forfeitures, payments and claims as well as to be heard on behalf of the State in these duties;
3) to be responsible for maintaining registers used for research purposes under the mandate of a unit in the administrative sector of the Ministry of Justice as well as for duties related thereto;
4) to be responsible for maintaining and developing information systems in the administrative sector of the Ministry of Justice in cooperation with agencies in the administrative sector as agreed in service agreements.
The Legal Register Centre provides the necessary services itself or procures them from other service providers.
Act on the Legal Register Centre (625/2012)
LEGAL REGISTER CENTRE AS OF 1 APRIL 2013
The organisation of the Legal Register Centre (LRC) has changed on 1 April 2013. In addition to enforcement and register-keeping duties, the new LRC is responsible for the development, maintenance and production support of information systems in the administrative sector of the Ministry of Justice. The LRC has moved to new premises in Hämeenlinna. The address is Vanajantie 10b, 13110 Hämeenlinna (no front desk service).
With the change, front-desk service for private persons has been discontinued due to low need. For online applications, visit Suomi.fi.
The telephone service number for private persons is +358 29 56 65662.
Service hours: Mon−Fri, 9 a.m. − 3 p.m.
Extracts can be ordered easily by filling out and submitting an online application through the Suomi.fi service. Applications by e-service: Link to e-service in Suomi.fi -portal
Extracts can also be requested by means of a free-form, signed application (description of content below). The written application can be submitted by mail or fax, but the Legal Register Centre recommends applying online through the Suomi.fi service. Extracts cannot be ordered by phone.
The LRC comprises the following operating units and their groups:
Systems development and project services sector
- Systems development services
- Project services
- Systems development support services
Government activities sector
- Criminal records
- Distribution registers
- Enforcement matters
- Payment matters
Customer relationship and service administration sector
Procurement and joint services sector
Management support unit
The agency has approximately 120 employees.
In line with its mission, the LRC is a reliable and service-oriented expert agency in the administrative sector of the Ministry of Justice tasked with the responsibility of register-keeping and data management, enforcement of pecuniary penalties, and the development and maintenance of information systems.
The LRC’s values are responsibility, service-orientation and fairness.
The following registers (among others) are maintained by the office:
- register of fines
- register of payments for excess loads
- criminal records
- register of debt regulations
- register of bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings
- business prohibition register
- publication register
Contact information on the units is available on page Contact Data on the units.
Instructions on sending e-mail to the office are given on page Recommendation for E-mail Attachment Files. Use @ instead of (a) when sending us e-mail.